In a day and age where belonging to anything seems dated and strange, at Epiphany, we believe it’s more important than ever to go public with your commitment to a local church family. If not ours we encourage you to plug in somewhere else. Just like when you’re down the shore, and you are supposed to swim between the flags of the lifeguard, how much more do we get ourselves into trouble spiritually when we go off climbing the rocks out of anyone else sight.
To Join Epiphany Church we ask you to meet with a Church leader to share your story. Every Christian has a story of how God has come into their lives and changed them. We also want to make sure you understand and are ready to make these vows before God and before the Church. Make sure you write down any questions or concerns you might have about these vows (serious promises and commitment). Like any other big commitment, this is one, nobody else should make for you, and you shouldn’t make lightly.
- Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject all evil power in the world, and repent of your sin?
- Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, put your whole trust in His Grace and promise to serve Him as your LORD?
- Will you remain faithful members of Christ’s Holy Church and serve as Christ’s representatives in the world?
- Will you be loyal to Christ through Epiphany Church of Gloucester City, and do all in your power to strengthen its ministries?
- Will you faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness?
- Do you promise as God enables you to carry the burdens and share joys of your Church family at Epiphany Church?
- Do you receive and profess the Christian faith as contained in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and expressed in the Apostles Creed?
In addition to making these vows, it’s important to understand that you have leaders that have responsibilities to you. To care for your soul and to visit you, especially when you are in need, and call you out when you are wandering and to teach you the gospel of Jesus. We also organize opportunities to help you fulfill these vows, and so we have our Shepherding Groups to help you be checked in on and cared for. We encourage every member to serve in some way for our Sunday services at least once a month (Greet, Childcare, Lead services, Worship team & tech, etc..) We have all kinds of opportunity to serve kids and youth, provide clothing and food to those in need, care and accountability for those in recovery and much more.
All potential members get a copy of our membership handbook which contains our churches beliefs, the structure of how our Church is lead and makes decisions, and many other things you might want to know.